Business Law Section Executive Committee Meeting
Friday, February 12, 2016, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
CALL-IN: (855) 520-7605
PASSCODE: 7949950466 #
- Consent Calendar
- Approval of Minutes of January 15, 2016, Meeting
- Next BOT Task Force for Governance in the Public Interest Mtg.
Thursday, February 25, 2016
- Next Council of Sections Meeting:
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
12 noon – 3 p.m.
- Next Long Range Planning Committee Meeting:
Saturday, April 9, 2016
10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Location: Santa Barbara Hyatt
- Next Executive Committee Meeting:
Friday, March 11, 2016
12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Next Standing Committee Officers Call:
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- Next Executive Committee Officers Call:
Thursday, February 25, 2016
1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Next Monthly State Bar President’s Call:
Thursday, February 18, 2016
9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Next State Bar President & Section Chairs Qtrly. Conf. Call:
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Bagley Keene Discussion (Rob Harris):
Task Force on Governance in the Public Interest Task Force (Donna Parkinson/Paul Pascuzzi)
- OGC View
Council Task Force to be formed
How to train the Standing Committees
InfusionSoft: Reports on Discussions with Kristina Robledo (Jim Hill/ Rob Harris)
President’s most recent monthly call/surplus dissipation recommendation and withdrawal/subject to April reconsideration? (Rob Harris)
Treasurer’s Report (Tom Gump)
Appointments (Curt Barwick)
- Report on Inter-Section Call
- Report from BLS Working Group
Reports from Council of Sections and Task Forces (Council and BLS on Overhead Allocation/Budget reductions and possible impact on Sections’ travel and catering ) (Charles McKee)
Report from Meeting of Board of Trustees (Marie Hogan)
Legislation (Tom Phinney)
- Standing Committee Applications
- Ex Com Applications/January 29 deadline/insufficiency
Member Services (Jim Hill)
- 2015 ALPs from Franchise Law Approved by Board of Trustees
- Possible 2016 ALPs
Marketing and Outreach (Uzzi Raanan)
- Electronic Communications (Monique Jewett-Brewster)
- E- News (Diana Herman/Peter Menard)
- Social Media and Website/Trusted Poster training (Sarah de Diego)
- Constituency List Project (Jim Hill/Uzzi Raanan)
- Diversity Project Overlap
- Priorities for Rest of Bar year
Programs and Publications (Jill Kovar, Rachelle Cohen)
- Develop standard marketing practices/forms (Bob)
- Retention of BLS members
Recruitment of new members
Direct contact with Standing Committees
Standing Committees (Martha King and Elizabeth Berke-Dreyfuss)
- How To program status/results
- Business Law News Update (Diana Herman)
Long Range Planning Committee (Paul Pascuzzi)
Breakfast Club 2016 Report (Jim Hill) - Proposed speaker: Historian Doug Brinkley on the unique aspects of the 2016 Presidential Election.
Next Meeting: March 11, 2016
- Rolling Reports/new procedure for upload
- E-News items and in-meeting discussion by liaisons