International Law Section Executive Committee Meeting Agenda
INTERNATIONAL LAW SECTION EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 4 p.m- 5 p.m
Call-In Line 855 520-7605 Code 4155382308#
Call to Order and Roll Call (Brian Arbetter/Diana Mack)
Chair and State Bar Report (Brian Arbetter/Julie Martinez/Harumi Hata)
Approval of Minutes for July 21,2015 (Diana Mack)
Financial Report (Enrique Hernandez/Julie Martinez)
Warren M. Christopher International Lawyer of the Year Award – Update (Elizabeth Foster/Brian Arbetter/Harumi Hata)
- Award reception sponsorships
- Award reception event flyer
- Award reception invitations to (i) dignitaries and (ii) member prospects
PIL Compendium – Status (Mary Hansel)
E-Newsletter – Summer 2015 issue sent on July 25, 2015 (Harumi Hata)
Journal - Update (Mark Danis)
Annual Meeting registration and hotel reservation
- Annual Meeting Programs – Any remaining needs? (Bill Gay)
- 2016 Live Programs
- 2016 International Conference (Bill Gay/Jeff Daar/Alexandra Darraby/Harumi Hata/Enrique Hernandez/Lizbeth Flores)
- 2016 International Arbitration Progra.m. (Jeff Daar/Maria Chedid)
- Consideration with respect to combining the two live Programs into one progra.m. to be held over a two-day period
- Coordination with foreign bar associations, including the Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association, which has expressed interest in participating
- External Relations (Michael Newman/Enrique Hernandez)
- Update on email being sent to various foreign bar associations regarding the Annual Meeting and the ILS events (i.e., Welcome Breakfast, Award Reception, and EC Dinner on Saturday, October 20, 2015)
- Networking Mixers – Planning for one in each part of State by end of year (Jeff Daar/Greg Berk)
- Remaining Sub-Committees (written reporting only, unless discussion required)
- Social Media (Jeff Daar/Diana Mack)
- Webinars (Greg Berk)
- Law Students (Karla Haynes), including receptions for foreign LLM students in Silicon Valley and San Diego to be planned and hosted by the Procopio firm (Enrique Hernandez)
- Public International Law (Mary Hansel)
- Sponsorships (Brian Arbetter)
- CYLA (Bora Rawcliffe)
- ABA SIL (Karla Haynes)
Next Meeting: Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 4 p.m.
ILS Events and Meetings at the State Bar of California Annual Meeting -- all on Saturday, October 10 (all ILS events and meetings will be held at Anaheim Marriott):
Welcome Breakfast – 9 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Programs Committee Meeting – 10:30 a.m. - Noon
Executive Committee Incoming Officers, New Members and New Advisors Meeting – Noon – 1 p.m.
Executive Committee Meeting – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Warren M. Christopher International Lawyer of the Year Award Reception – 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Executive Committee Dinner – starting at 7:30 p.m.
Meetings in person at Annual Meeting:
Programs Committee - Saturday, October 10, 10:30 a.m. - Noon
New Member Orientation and Officers - Saturday, October 10, 12 Noon - 1 p.m.
Executive Committee - Saturday, October 10, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Warren Christopher Award Reception - Saturday, October 10, 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Executive Committee Dinner - Saturday, October 10, 7:30 p.m.