BUSINESS LAW SECTION, LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE
Notice and Agenda
Saturday, April 1, 2017
10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 2, 2017
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
550 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
Questions regarding any agenda item should be directed to the Section Coordinator, John Buelter at 415-538-2341 or 180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105-1639.
The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
I. Roll Call
II. Public Comment
Members of the public may speak to any item on the agenda. The Executive Committee reserves the right to limit the duration of public comment period.
III. Chair's Report
Long Range Planning Committee Discussions
Reports/Discussion of Pressing Issues Facing BLS and Other Sections
- Staff Report
- Working Lunch
Publications and Website
Outside Contractor’s Perspective
- Diversity Initiative
- Breakout Sessions
Member Services/Social media
- BLS Executive Committee Business Meeting
Minutes and Upcoming Meetings
- Next Standing Committee Officer Call – Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Next Executive Committee Officers Call – Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.; and Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Next Long Range Planning Committee Meeting – August 17, 2017, In-Person, Convention of Sections in San Diego
- Next Executive Committee Meeting – Friday, May 5, 2017, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Next State Bar President and Section Chairs Quarterly Conference Call – TBD
- Next monthly State Bar’s President Call – TBD
- Next Council of Sections Meeting – Monday, April 3, 2017, 3 – 4:30 p.m.
Treasurers’ Report, Finance and Budgets
- Appointments and Recruiting
- Standing Committee Visitations to BLS ExCom
Executive Committee Roster, Calendars
- Standing Committee Liaisons
Standing Committee Rosters
Standing Committee Calendars/Agendas
All Sections Annual Meeting
Convention of Sections Planning, August 18-19, 2017, including BLS Business Meetings and Events
Planning for the Balance of the Bar Year 2016-17 Term and Assignments
- Planning for the Decades to Come and Assignments
Suggestions for Agenda Topics for Future Meetings
- Closing Remarks and Adjournment
The Closed Session is held pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 6026.5(g) and California Government Code Section 11126(c)(5).
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodations at this meeting should notify John Buelter at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 415-538-2341.
The notice and agenda is available at: http://sections.calbar.ca.gov/Sections/MeetingAgendas.aspx
You may subscribe (or unsubscribe) to an e-mail list to receive notice of when Business Law Section agendas have been posted.