Labor & Employment Law Section,
Executive Committee Meeting
Notice and Agenda
Saturday, April 22, 2017
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Claremont Club & Spa A Fairmont Hotel
41 Tunnel Road, Berkeley CA
Questions regarding any agenda item should be directed to the Section Coordinator, Carol Zlongst at 415-538-2585 or 180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105-1639.
The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
The Closed Session is held pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 6026.5(g) and California Government Code Section 11126(c)(5).
- 2017-2018 Appointments Applications Review and Recommendations
2017-2018 Chair Appointment Review and Recommendation
2017-2018 Vice-Chair Appointment Review and Recommendation
2017-2018 Secretary Appointment Review and Recommendation
2017-2018 Treasurer Appointment Review and Recommendation
I. Roll Call (10:15 a.m. estimated)
II. Public Comment
Members of the public may speak to any item on the agenda. The Executive Committee reserves the right to limit the duration of public comment period.
Approval of Meeting Minutes (5 min.)
January 27, 2017 Meeting
Chair’s Report – Schwartz (10 min.)
- Officers’ and Liaison’s Reports
- Vice-Chair – Lenz (5 min.)
- Secretary – Mizrahi (5 min.)
- Treasurer – Giese (10 min.)
- Council of Sections – Shiners (10 min.): we will vote on any resolutions requiring
approval re the forced Bar reorganization.
- Committee Breakouts (45 min.) and Reports (15 min.) – Part 1 (Educational Programs)
- Annual Labor & Employment Law Conference – Seargeant
- Public Sector Conference – Davis/Hernandez
- 2017 Conference Report
- Set dates and venue for 2018 Public Sector Conference
Wage & Hour Conference – Guizar/Mandelbaum
- Education & Professional Development – Maddux/Fiss
- Resolution re holding 2018 New Employment Lawyer Conference or Wage & Hours Basics – Elsbernd/Hernandez
- Expert Witness Seminar (August 10, 2017) - Horowitz/Lee
- Resolution to create an Immigration –Employment Summit (possibly in January 2018) – Schwartz/Guizar/Kwon
Committee Breakouts and Reports (45 min.) – Part 2
Community Services – Thompson/Ortiz
- Cooperative Law – Mandelbaum/Ching-Senaha/Oppenheimer
- Outreach – Schwartz/Malkani/Kwon
- Mentorship – Elsbernd/Hernandez
- Diversity – Kim/Guizar
- Section Publications
- Law Review – Song (5 min.)
- Monthly E-newsletter – Horowitz (5 min.)
- California Public Sector Labor Relationships and California Public Sector Employment Law - – Shiners/Krantz (5 min.)
Confirming Calendar Dates and Locations – (10 min.)
- Annual Meeting/Advanced Wage-Hour Conference – Thursday and Friday, July 13 and July 14 (The Concourse Hotel Hyatt Regency LAX)
- Q3 Executive Committee Meeting – Saturday, July 15 (The Concourse Hotel Hyatt Regency LAX)
- Expert Witness Seminar – Thursday, August 10 (SF State Bar Office)
- Annual Retreat/Q4 Executive Committee Meeting – October 14 & 15, 2017 (Location TBD)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodations at this meeting should notify Carol Zlongst at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 415-538-2585.
The notice and agenda is available at: http://sections.calbar.ca.gov/Sections/MeetingAgendas.aspx
You may subscribe (or unsubscribe) to an e-mail list to receive notice of when Labor and Employment Law Section agendas have been posted.