Public Law Section Executive Committee Meeting
Notice and Agenda
Friday, March 3, 2017
10 p.m. to 3 p.m.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 900
Oakland, CA 94612
OR Via Teleconference at:
855-520-7605 and enter passcode 1949257196#
The public may also join the open session of the teleconference meeting at the following locations:
845 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017
180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
Additional call-in locations are noted at the end of the agenda
Questions regarding any agenda item should be directed to the Section Coordinator, Stephanie Carman at 415 538-2468 or 180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105-1639.
The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
I. Roll Call
II. Public Comment
Members of the public may speak to any item on the agenda. The Executive Committee reserves the right to limit the duration of public comment period to 30 minutes.
III. Chair's Report
- Review and approve meeting minutes of January, 2017 Executive Committee Meeting
- Review and approve Public Law Section Financial Report (Ryan Baron)
- Receive Council on State Bar Sections (CSBS) Report , including Separation from the State Bar (Elizabeth Pianca/John Appelbaum)
- Receive Public Law Section Coordinator Report (Stephanie Carman)
- Receive Section Reports:
- Publications (Scott Smith/Eugene Park)
- Social Media and E-news (Alex Calero/Chris Whitman)
- Membership (Chris Diaz)
- Public Lawyer of the Year Award (Bernadette Curry/Scott Dickey)
- Student Writing (Rachel Sommovilla/Caroline Fowler)
- Education (Rachel Sommovilla/Ryan Baron)
- Use of Force conference (Ryan)
- PRA/BA conference (Rachel)
- Annual Meeting (Ryan Baron/Rachel Sommovilla)
- Consider 2017-2018 Public Law Executive Committee Officer Nominations
- Nominate Chair
- Nominate Vice Chair(s)
- Nominate Secretary
- Nominate Treasurer
IV. Business (Continued)
- Consider and Recommend the Appointment of the 2017-2018 Public Law Executive Committee Officers to the Board of Trustees.
- Consider the 2017-2018 Executive Committee New Member Nominations
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodations at this meeting should notify Stephanie Carman at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 415-538-2523.
The Executive Committee may take other action on the noticed items when such action is determined to be necessary following discussion of the item
Additional call-in locations:
18101 Von Karman Ave Ste 1000, Irvine, CA 92612
- 575 Administration Dr Rm 105A, Santa Rosa, CA 95403-2815
- 300 S Spring St, Ste 1702, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- 501 Primrose Rd, Burlingame, CA 94010-3906
The notice and agenda is available at: http://sections.calbar.ca.gov/Sections/MeetingAgendas.aspx. You may subscribe (or unsubscribe) to an e-mail list to receive notice of when Public Law Section agendas have been posted.