Trusts and Estates Section
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Notice and Agenda
Conference Call-in Number: 855-520-7605
The public may also join the open session of the teleconference meeting at the following locations:
180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
845 S Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Additional call-in locations are noted at the end of the agenda
Questions regarding any agenda item should be directed to the Section Coordinator, Ellen Louie at 415-538-2549 or 180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105-1639. The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
I. Roll Call
II. Public Comment
Members of the public may speak to any item on the agenda. The Committee reserves the right to limit the duration of public comment period.
III. Chair's Report
- Legislation Review
- Status of Legislation Review / Bills Identified as Pertinent to TEXCOM
Reports on Specific Bills Pertinent to Litigation Committee / Assigned by Legislation Committee or Incapacity Committee / Assigned by TEXCOM
- Discussion of specific bills
- Discussion of specific bills;
- Formation of working groups to evaluate specific bills;
- Voting on specific bills.
Bills Currently Being Followed
AB 308 (procedures for litigation: TEXCOM ALP): Howard Horwitz
AB 439 (venue for Prob. Code § 850 petitions): Stacie Nelson
AB 1290 (conservatee a-c privilege): Carlena Tapella
SB 153 (Prob. Code § 21380; TEXCOM ALP): Matt Matiasevich
Lintz v. Lintz report – Chris Carico, Jeff Galvin, and Matt Matiasevich. Possible report or action on proposed ALP.
Attorney liability for assisting in financial elder abuse – Howard Horwitz.
Allen v. Stoddard – David Knitter and Jamie Brierton. Possible report or recommendation.
Discussion of Education Programs and Articles – Matt McMurtrey.
In re: Reynolds (creditor rights vis a vis spendthrift trusts) – Volunteer group considered.
Trust Creditor Protections working group – Tim Chambers.
Request regarding Funsten
New cases of interest
Inactive Projects — Notice To Consumer When Discovery Sought From Decedent CEDAR Request
Suggestions — For next meeting’s agenda.
— June 13, 2017 at 4:00 pm
AB 383 (discovery status conferences): Tim Chambers
AB 502 (crime compensation and elder abuse): Travis Neal
AB 828 (recovering cost of models): Daniel Murphy
AB 905 (foreign money judgments): Carlena Tapella
AB 976 (electronic filing): David Knitter
SB 467 (electronic appearances): Ellen McKissock
SB 468 (guardians ad litem): Matt Matiasevich
SB 543 (service of documents): Tim Chambers
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodations at this meeting should notify Ellen Louie at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 415-538-2549.
Additional call-in locations:
- 9100 Wilshire Blvd. Ste 655E, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- 1550 Hotel Cir N #300, San Diego, CA 92108
- 841 Apollo St Ste 450, El Segundo, CA 90245
- 400 Capitol Mall Fl 11, Sacramento, CA 95814
- 350 S Figueroa Street, Suite 602, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- 190 S. Orchard Ave. Ste C-200, Vacaville, CA 95688
- 70 S. 1st St., San Jose, CA 95113-2406
- 819 Eddy St., San Francisco, CA 94109-7701
- 7311 Greenhaven Dr. Ste 273, Sacramento, CA 95831
- 400 S. Hope St. 8th Fl, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- 350 South Grand Avenue, Suite 3500, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- One Post Street, #600, San Francisco, CA 94104
- 1646 N California Blvd., Ste 250, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- 2049 Century Park E 32nd Fl, Los Angeles, CA 90067-3206
The notice and agenda is available at: http://sections.calbar.ca.gov/Sections/MeetingAgendas.aspx
You may subscribe (or unsubscribe) to an e-mail list to receive notice of when Trusts and Estates Section agendas have been posted.