Trusts and Estates Section
NOTICE AND AGENDA
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Conference Call-in Number: 855-520-7605
The public may also join the open session of the teleconference meeting at the following locations:
180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
845 S Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Additional call-in locations are noted at the end of the agenda
Questions regarding any agenda item should be directed to the Section Coordinator, Lynn Taylor at 415-538-2042 or 180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105-1639. The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
I. Roll Call
II. Public Comment
Members of the public may speak to any item on the agenda. The Committee reserves the right to limit the duration of public comment period.
III. Chair's Report
Status of Legislation Review / Bills Identified as Pertinent to TEXCOM
Discussion of specific bills
- Reports on Specific Bills Pertinent to Litigation Committee / Assigned by Legislation Committee or Incapacity Committee
- Discussion of specific bills;
- Formation of working groups to evaluate specific bills;
- Voting on specific bills.
- In re: Reynolds (creditor rights vis a vis spendthrift trusts) -- Tracking only.
- Allen v. Stoddard report – David Knitter and Jamie Brierton. Possible report or recommendation.
- Trust Creditor Protections working group – Tim Chambers.
- CEDAR request working group – Awaiting clarification from requesting party.
- Working group considering ALP to address who should receive notice to consumer when document discovery is sought as to a decedent but there is no personal representative – Possible report.
- Lintz v. Lintz: Possible report or action on proposed ALP.
- Attorney liability for assisting in financial elder abuse: Howard Horwitz.
- Suggestions — for next meeting’s agenda.
- Next Meeting —March 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodations at this meeting should notify JOHN BUELTER at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 415-538-2341.
Additional call-in locations:
- 9100 Wilshire Blvd. Ste 655E, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- 1550 Hotel Cir N #300, San Diego, CA 92108
- 841 Apollo St Ste 450, El Segundo, CA 90245
- 400 Capitol Mall Fl 11, Sacramento, CA 95814
- 350 S Figueroa Street, Suite 602, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- 190 S. Orchard Ave. Ste C-200, Vacaville, CA 95688
- 70 S. 1st St., San Jose, CA 95113-2406
- 819 Eddy St., San Francisco, CA 94109-7701
- 7311 Greenhaven Dr. Ste 273, Sacramento, CA 95831
- 400 S. Hope St. 8th Fl, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- 350 South Grand Avenue, Suite 3500, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- One Post Street, #600, San Francisco, CA 94104
- 1646 N California Blvd., Ste 250, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- 2049 Century Park E 32nd Fl, Los Angeles, CA 90067-3206
The notice and agenda is available at: http://sections.calbar.ca.gov/Sections/MeetingAgendas.aspx
You may subscribe (or unsubscribe) to an e-mail list to receive notice of when Trusts and Estates Section agendas have been posted.